It is fresh cheese common in the indian subcontinent. It is made by curdling milk with a fruit or vegetable -derived acid, such as lemon juice. The origin of paneer itself is debated . Ancient indian, afghan- iranian and portugese-bengali origins have been proposed for paneer. Ayurveda mentions dadhanwat ,a milk product similar to paneer and ripened cheese today.According to another theory, the portuguese may have introduced the technique of “breaking” milk with acid to bengal in the 17th century. Thus according to this theory, indian acid-set cheeses such as paneer and chhena were first prepared in bengal, under portuguese influence.
Preparation time: 50 minutes , cook time: 20 mins , Total time : 1hr 10 minutes
The result is a soft ,fluffy, cheese that is firm and can be cut into blocks, but does not crumble easily. The texture is usually similar to that a firm of tofu and paneer has the ability to retain its shape for a long time, even when it is cooked over high heat. It’s a fresh , cream – coloured and normally unsalted cheese , historically made from buffalo milk is now the norm. It’s widely used in north india, pakistan, afghanistan, nepal and bangladesh and its mildness is a perfect foil for strong flavours, which it absorb easily. Paneer made without rennet, by curdling hot milk with lemon or lime juice, vinegar, yoghurt or citric acid. Cubed paneer should be firm so that it does not crumble easily, but not hard and you should judge a paneer dish by how soft and fluffy the cheese is. Paneer is a soft yet firm, non melting that is made without using any kind of rennet. It is also not fermented or aged like other kinds of cheese.
1) CURDLING MILK
2) ACIDIC FOOD INGREDIENTS LIKE VINEGAR , LEMON JUICE
5) CITRIC ACID
1) First of all rinse the pan with water so that it is wet and milk when boiled does not stick to it.
2) Turn on the gas flame and pour the milk into it allow it to boil on medium gas flame.
3) It will take 7-8 minutes on medium flame to boil. After first boil stir it properly so that cream is not formed.
4) Now after 2 boil turn the gas flame low and stir it.
5) Add 2 tbsp lemon juice or curd or vinegar and gently stir the milk. After few seconds you will see the entire milk begins to curdle , switch off the flame soon as it curdle so that cottage cheese is soft.
6) Allow it to settle for few seconds and you will see the greem white water seperates.
7) Now we use a sieve(channi) to seperate this.
8) Place a muslin cloth over it.
9) Now pour the mixture over it and strain the excess water . This left over water has so many advantages .
10) Now take a packet out of it and place heavy utensils over it.
11) Allow it to rest .After 1hr cottage cheese is set now.
12) Wash it with clean water so that smell of lemon goes off.
13) Now you will see that soft, fresh and homemade cottage cheese or paneer is ready now.
4) MUSLIN CLOTH
1) PROTEIN – 7.54 GM
2) FAT- 5.88 GM
3) CARBS- 4.96 GM
4) ENERGY- 103.15 KCAL
5) FOLATES- 37.32 MICROGRAM
6) CALCIUM- 190.4 MG
7) PHOSPHORUS- 132 MG
8) SAT FAT- 3540.4 MG
9) MUFA- 1720 MG
10) PUFA- 175.6 MG
GUYS STAY TUNNED FOR OUR NEXT HOMEMADE RECIPES BLOGS.